And the reason for Vietnam was to stop the spread of communism, which was 'threating' the American way of life.
You think the American government really cared about the Vietnamese people? Please.
PH,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">but for the fact that people are dying while nothing is being accomplished.
...have anymore towers dropped here?
...it's great how the 2 airliners that went down in Russia got no airtime here. Lets not forget all the people and mostly children that were recently killed there as well, got lost in the shuffle.
And the reason for Vietnam was to stop the spread of communism, which was 'threating' the American way of life.
You think the American government really cared about the Vietnamese people? Please.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i dunno, how about the fact that his entire campaign is pretty much "george bush sucks, i'll make everything all better!"Originally posted by Peter Hoffman:
Why does there need to be any other reason?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by StV:
PH,
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> but for the fact that people are dying while nothing is being accomplished.
...have anymore towers dropped here?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is ridiculous reasoning. Not unlike Lisa's tiger-repelling rock.
Hell, I could say that I own a rock that prevents terrorist attacks and I could prove it just as well as you are.
yeah, aside from that whole thing where the us military is actually taking steps towards prevention. but hey, the rock thing was a brilliant comparison [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Can't comment regarding the different vision from US citizens, but evidently any outcome will allways influence other countries like mine. As an example, the prior goverment sent troops to support the USA, as part of a political and economic allience while the new one bring them back.
I personally don't support the war, but I am talking from my country perspective. Maybe if we were in real war with another country or with terrorist we will also have different points of view.
PH,
...you just don't get it. It's like a cancer, it just keeps spreading until you cut it out. The longer we wait, the harder it will get. Should we wait until the landing craft are on our shores? The radicals must be eliminated now, not tomorrow. I fear for the future of our children and their children's children if we do nothing today. [img]frown.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by StV:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Thanks George W., you ass turd!
...good one TCM. I'd like to see you say something like that in the Middle East about their leaders. You'd be executed in all of about 30 seconds! [img]eek.gif[/img]
...that's exactly why we're there and our soldiers are dying, so you'll have the freedom to make such.........an intelligent statement. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]
...I still love ya though, despite all your eloquence. [img]wink.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, easy Steve, it wasn't meant to be intelligent, NOR all THAT serious, hence the usage of "ass turd", which has never been used by me before. I do have MANY problems with George, but I don't argue politics on message boards.
RIP and thank you to those that gave [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
TCM,
...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
...snort-snort! [img]mad.gif[/img]
...PEACE! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
...through superior firepower. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Bookmarks